A mass stabbing spree took place today near Lyon, France in which at least ten people were attacked. Nine people where injured and a nineteen-year-old man died.
Two men rampaged near the French city, indiscriminately stabbing their victims with reports of the use of knives and spikes.
One of the men, who has been arrested, is of Afghan origin.
The accomplice is still at large.
According to news.com.au:
The attacker provided contradictory information to police, but that the attack in Villeurbanne, a Lyon suburb, in southeastern France did not appear to be terrorism-related, two French officials told The Associated Press.
A manhunt was initially launched for a second attacker but police later determined that the detained man was the main suspect, two officials said. Police are still looking for possible accomplices.
Breaking: One 19 year-old MURDERED in Lyon, France and 9 wounded 3 seriously as 2 men believed to be from Afghanistan went on the rampage stabbing innocent people with knives & spikes. 1 man has been arrested, the other fled the scene. pic.twitter.com/Zv479vKhcO
— 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐧 🇬🇧 (@LFC_blano) August 31, 2019
The Daily Mail reports:
Sultan Marmed Niazi, armed with a kitchen knife and metal spit, carried out the attack outside the Laurent-Bonnevay metro station in the city’s Villeurbanne region.
The 33-year-old, who is thought to be an Afghan immigrant, lunged at innocent bystanders waiting at a bus stop outside the station in broad daylight.
Of those injured three are believed to have been seriously wounded, while six suffered minor injuries.
The one fatality was a 19-year-old man waiting on a bus to a music festival on the outskirts of Lyon.
Alarmingly, what appears to be an unprovoked attack on innocent victims hasn’t generated much coverage from other mainstream news sites.
The media has been previously urged to tone down details of terrorist/violent attacks if the perpetrators don’t align with certain narratives.