Last Updated on February 18, 2022
A high-ranking member of the increasingly totalitarian Trudeau government told Canada’s CTV that Freedom Convoy donors are akin to terrorism funders and that Trump supporters should “worry” about retribution from Canadian authorities.
Canadian Justice Minister, David Lametti, made the remarks earlier this week as he spoke with CTV about the Trudeau Administration’s crackdown on peaceful Freedom Convoy protestors, who have assembled across the country in opposition to Canada’s COVID jab mandates and continued lockdowns. Recently, Trudeau invoked the Emergencies Act, formerly known as the War Measures Act, against his own citizens. The act allows the Canadian government to seize bank accounts and private property, and to even turn the military against Canadian working men and women.
After comparing those who have donated money to Freedom Convoy truckers to financial backers of terrorist networks, the Trudeau government appeared to directly threaten American citizens in saying that Trump supporters “oughta be worried” about Canadian authorities coming after them.
“Well, I think if you are a member of a pro-Trump movement who’s donating hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions of dollars to this kind of thing, they oughta be worried,” Lametti told CTV.
Trudeau's Justice Minister, David Lametti, warns truck owners involved in the convoy protest that “you may now actually lose your trucking licence”.
— Rebel News (@RebelNewsOnline) February 17, 2022
It has been estimated that roughly 40% of donations to Freedom Convoy crowd funding accounts came from American citizens, who have organized to stand alongside Canadian patriots.
In just a two-day stretch, donors gave over $3.5 million dollars to the Freedom Convoy’s GoFundMe page, which was then shut down at the behest of the Trudeau government. Shortly thereafter, organizers turned to GoFundMe’s Christian alternative, GiveSendGo, only to have the site hacked by left-wing bad actors who posted identifying information on roughly 92,000 donors to a webpage. That information has since been used by corporate media outlets to dox law-abiding American citizens, drawing heat even from left-wingers who say they’ve gone too far.
As reported by National File, the Freedom Convoy demonstrations have been exceedingly peaceful, with the exception of a left-wing terrorist attack on a Winnipeg-based demonstration. In that instance, an Antifa member who has been accused of raping women and children ran down a group of demonstrators posted outside of legislative buildings, injuring four. Police and mainstream media have refused to called the attack an attack, portraying it as a mere “hit and run” accident.