Last Updated on August 27, 2021
The US military has relieved Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller from duty after he released a heartfelt video critiquing the tragic Afghanistan withdrawal following the Kabul bombings that killed up to 13 American service members.
Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller called out senior military officials on a viral video in reaction to the disastrous ongoing situation in Afghanistan. “People are upset because senior leaders let them down, and none of them are raising their hands and accepting accountability or saying ‘we messed this up,'” said Scheller in the video
Remarkable video from Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller calling out senior leaders on Afghanistan. "People are upset because senior leaders let them down, and none of them are raising their hands and accepting accountability or saying 'we messed this up.'" pic.twitter.com/rgtp8OncCX
— Dave Brown (@dave_brown24) August 27, 2021
After he released the video, Scheller put out an announcement that he had been relieved from duty based on a lack of trust and confidence.
“My chain of command is doing exactly what I would do…if I were in their shoes. I appreciate the opportunities AITB command provided. To all the news agencies asking for interviews…I will not be making any statements other than what’s on my social platforms until I exit the Marine Corps,” explained Scheller. However, Scheller appears to be optimistic about his future aspirations, despite being relieved of duty.
“America has many issues…but it’s my home…It’s where my three sons will become men. America is still the light shining in a fog of chaos. When my Marine Corps career comes to an end, I look forward to a new beginning. My life’s purpose is to make America the most lethal and effective foreign diplomacy instrument. while my days of hand to hand violence may be ending…I see a new light on the horizon. Semper,” wrote Scheller.
President Donald Trump recently released a video in reaction to the tragic terrorist attacks in Afghanistan that have taken the lives of at least 13 members of the United States Armed forces.
President Donald Trump released a video tonight reacting to the news of the ISIS-K terrorist bombing that cost at least 13 US service members their lives. “As one nation, America mourns the loss of our brave and brilliant American service members in savage and barbaric terrorist attack in Afghanistan,” said President Trump.