Last Updated on September 9, 2022
A Judge told the Memphis City mass killer suspect he may face the death penalty for the grotesque shooting spree he allegedly committed.
While live streaming on Facebook, suspect Ezekiel Kelly allegedly shot and killed 4 individuals, leaving 3 others injured.
Kelly appeared in court for a hearing on Friday. He told Judge Karen Massey he had no questions and is being represented by Jennifer Case, a public defender.
“During the court appearance, Massey acknowledged that the death penalty is possible,” Fox News reported.
National File previously reported on Kelly’s criminal history:
“Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland said Kelly had been released from jail on March 16 after serving 11 months of a three-year sentence for an aggravated assault plea. He is now facing charges of first-degree murder in connection with Wednesday’s rampage.
Prior to Wednesday’s killing spree, Kelly had already been arrested for a number of violent crimes. According to court documents, Kelly, who was 17 at the time, was charged with attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent felony, and reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon.
He was charged as an adult for those crimes, though additional details have yet to be revealed.”
Kelly was ultimately sentenced to three years in prison, but was released after serving just 11 months.
Social media users expressed support for the death penalty for the Memphis killer.
“Memphis shooter deserves the death penalty. No second chances. Dude will absolutely re-offend given the chance,” one Twitter user commented.
“It should be on the table. When somebody goes around shooting complete strangers they have no regard for others. They lost all morals,” another Twitter user added.
Stay tuned to National File for any updates.