A teenage party host who stabbed two people and threw a girl off a 40-foot balcony drop was found not guilty of attempted murder by a jury.
The teenager, Yusef Ali, 19, from Lambeth, was hosting a party on August 4, last year, at a luxury apartment in South London when the incident occurred.
Ali was shown to become increasingly disrespectful towards guests according to SnapChat videos from the night of the party, Metro reports.
Later on, Ali made inappropriate advances to the eighteen-year-old victim. He reached through a thigh rip in the girl’s jeans and wrapped his arm around her, saying “this is what I do in the bedroom.”
The Don Juan’s aggressive actions led to a scuffle with a group of partygoers when she ignored his advances and became agitated.
As the group fled, Ali grabbed a knife and stabbed two of the group’s members. In the panic, the girl attempted to escape by pressing the lift button.
Sadly, Ali caught up to her and pushed her over an internal balcony where she plummeted 40 feet, breaking her neck and lower back, leaving her hospitalized for several weeks unable to work or study.
Following the incident, Ali was arrested when he attempted to leave the building with a t-shirt over his head, according to Southwark News.
He was convicted of wounding with intent, affray and possession of a bladed article.
According to Metro, Prosecutor Kathryn Iyer said:
“This was a senseless act of violence during a party that went badly wrong.
“Ali claimed he did not push the victim and did not see who did. But unlike every other person who walked down the steps, he did not stop to look at the victim in distress on the floor, rather he pulled his T-shirt up over his face and left the building just as police officers were walking in.
“The victim in this case was extremely lucky to have survived the fall. I hope she continues in her recovery and gains a sense of closure following this conviction.”
Detective Constable, Tom Waller, said:
“Ali did not care who he injured that night and was clearly intent on harming anyone in his path.
“Those at the party were left terrified and we are grateful for those who have provided their own witness accounts and had to re-live what happened.
“Thanks to them and the dedicated work of our officers, Ali has been brought to justice and is now likely to face a significant time in prison.”
Ali will be sentenced on March 5.
Many incidents of this nature have led people to question the British judicial system over their soft sentencing.
>tries to cut off man's hand in previous incident
>slashes police officer SIX times in the head with 2ft machete
>breaks skull, requires surgery
>only stopped when tasered
>cleared of attempted murder
wtf do you have to do to get done for attempted murder? pic.twitter.com/J97dUyx50P
— Orwell & Goode (@OrwellNGoode) February 5, 2020
Many people are beginning to believe in a legal double standard in prosecuting minorities in the UK.
— Arthur for President of the Internet (@ArthurTheHat) February 5, 2020
— KaidenOZ (@KaidenOZ) February 5, 2020
Last month, a handyman was cleared of attempted murder after slashing a police officer six times in the head with a 24 inch machete, causing a skull fracture which required surgery.
The handyman was only immobilized when the cop managed to taser him, stopping the violent assault.