Nick Fuentes, the host of America First, has been banned from YouTube for apparently violating their policy on hate speech.
Fuentes’s channel is now completely blank, with a message on it reading that the account was terminated “due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube’s policy prohibiting hate speech.”
Fuentes has come under attack from all sides of the political spectrum for daring to speak out against mainstream conservatism and criticise mass migration. Leftists, mainstream conservatives and racial nationalists all despise him, and many have tried to get him removed from the site in the past, as they seemingly all consider him a threat.
In December, the host of CBS’s flagship 60 Minutes program, Lesley Stahl quizzed Susan Wojcicki, the CEO of YouTube, as to why she hadn’t removed Fuentes and other conservative commentators for hate speech. At the time, Wojcicki said the platform wouldn’t remove those creators, as there were no laws on the books in America that would order them to do so.
Only last night, Fuentes was targeted by the white nationalist Jean-Francois Gariepy, who said he would happily work together with antifa in order to get him kicked off of YouTube:
Here's the clip, by the way. Not an exaggeration. He literally says he will work with antifa to deplatform Fuentes. pic.twitter.com/AVHzXwWq3I
— Ethan Ralph (@TheRalphRetort) February 13, 2020
His channel, which had 76,00 subscribers before the ban, was demonetised last month, following YouTube’s implementation of their hate speech rules back in June of last year. “It’s the beginning of the end for me on YouTube,” Fuentes predicted at the time.
When the news broke that Fuentes had been kicked off of YouTube, leftists and others were absolutely overjoyed:
— Liberal Tony (@liberal_tony) February 14, 2020
Nick Fuentes is gone from YouTube. Thanks to all the antifa volunteers who have contributed to our campaign. pic.twitter.com/NBrSpd5UKO
— J.-François Gariépy ☣️ (@JFGariepy) February 14, 2020
YouTube removed white nationalist Nick Fuentes' channel, which he used to spread hate speech to thousands of subscribers: https://t.co/vl1PT3JeeZ
— Mollie Bryant (@MollieEBryant) February 14, 2020
However, others came out to support Fuentes, including Breitbart’s Allum Bokhari, Paul Joseph Watson of InfoWars, and Michelle Malkin, author of Open Borders Inc.:
If you believe that some people are too offensive to be allowed a platform, you don't believe in free speech – you believe in political censorship. Very dishonest to pretend you don't!
— Allum Bokhari (@LibertarianBlue) February 14, 2020
Fuentes banned by YouTube after taking on Conservative Inc. and them all calling for his deplatforming. Really makes you think. 🤔
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) February 14, 2020
You know ConInc is cheering @YouTube even as they pretend to champion #freespeech. They didn’t stand w/ #LauraLoomer or #GavinMcInnes. They tried to kill my career over defending @nickjfuentes & #AmericaFirst kids. They’ve done nothing to help @McNeilJaden. #freespeech poseuers! https://t.co/49m3S2ZRR8
— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) February 14, 2020
Nick Fuentes has been banned from YouTube. Trump and the Republicans don't care about reining in Silicon Valley. We're on our own. pic.twitter.com/8YAO1WE4pG
— Roosh (@rooshv) February 14, 2020
Nick Fuentes has been deplatformed on YouTube for daring to even criticise mainstream conservatism. They can’t even use their bullshit ‘hate speech’ excuse this time.
— Adam (@AdamKirk97) February 14, 2020
Hunter Avallone says conservative censorship isn't real, meanwhile another right-winger was just banned from YouTube. @NickJFuentes was just booted off the platform after a year long smear campaign by the establishment right.
— Liberty Hangout (@LibertyHangout) February 14, 2020
Fuentes tweeted that his suspension was “the end result of a concerted effort by leftists, conservative inc gatekeepers, and silicon valley censors to silence my show and the movement it has inspired,” adding that he would continue his show on DLive, and announce next week a “longer term home” for his show:
America First will continue on DLive and next week I will unveil a longer term home for my show as well.https://t.co/QI3ur2TBaJ
— Nicholas J. Fuentes (@NickJFuentes) February 14, 2020
Ben Shapiro, the neo-conservative commentator, who attacked Fuentes during a 45 minute speech at Stanford University, and who ran away from him when questioned, said that Fuentes was “an absolute disgusting s***show,” but didn’t support his deplatforming:
Nick Fuentes is an absolute disgusting s***show. But if he was banned for his idiotic, garbage viewpoints rather than for violent threats, YouTube shouldn't be deplatforming him.
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) February 14, 2020
This went down like a cup of cold sick on Twitter:
Ah yes, the Ben Shapiro standard: personal digs and lies while trying to retain the moral high ground. Same guy who wants to ethnically cleanse Palestine will tell you that afro-latina gamer Nick Fuentes is too controversial. https://t.co/h77XnztDhQ
— Manime Podcast (@manimepod) February 14, 2020
To be sure, Ben Shapiro saying that Nick Fuentes should not have been banned is good.
It’s not good that Shapiro won’t dedicate a lot of time (or his immense resources) to trying to get YouTube to overturn its censorship
He’ll call Nick disgusting but won’t debate him https://t.co/4SPWcJfaVj
— a sinner (@ConnorMellogH) February 14, 2020
Bet you won't debate him on those "idiotic, garbage viewpoints" though, will you?
— Pete D’Abrosca (@pdabrosca) February 14, 2020
National File has reached out to YouTube for comment, but they did not respond before publication.