Last Updated on March 21, 2021
Jason Miller, a spokesman for 45th President Donald Trump, confirmed today that the former President is working on his own social media site, likely to be called “Trumper,” that will launch in the summer of 2021.
Today Jason Miller confirmed earlier reports that President Trump is working on his own social media website, telling the press that “President Trump will be ‘returning to social media in two or three months’ with ‘his own platform’ that will ‘completely redefine the game’ and ‘attract tens of millions’ of new users.”
.@JasonMillerinDC said President Trump will be "returning to social media in two or three months" with "his own platform" that will "completely redefine the game" and attract "tens of millions" of new users. #MediaBuzz
— #MediaBuzz (@MediaBuzzFNC) March 21, 2021
This comes after Miller previously told Breitbart that the then-hypothetical platform would be called “Trumper” or something similar.
National File was able to independently confirm through sources close to President Trump that the platform was in development as early as February 10, and that it is slated to launch in the summer of this year.
The move comes as no surprise to many, as Gab CEO Andrew Torba previously revealed that the former President was blocked from joining Gab and Parler by his aides Jared Kushner, Brad Parscale, and Dan Scavino, who wanted an ownership stake in the respective companies, did not believe they had the technology to accommodate the former U.S. President, and wanted them to curtail their lenient free speech policies. As National File reported:
Kushner and Scavino reportedly opposed a move to Gab or Parler because “they didn’t think they were well managed or could handle the traffic,” a profoundly ironic observation considering the widespread agreement from White House sources that Kushner and Scavino repeatedly bungled the President’s 2020 reelection campaign.
“We can confirm this reporting. If you want the President on Gab, bring it up with Jared Kushner,” the tweet read. “We are ready to give the President his voice back when he is. Jared is a mess. Sad!”
Torba also said that “The only reason he’s not using it right now to contact his base is because dopey advisers like Jared Kushner, who lost him the election, are blocking him from using it.” He added, “We will go on the record stating that we know 100% for a fact that Jared Kushner is actively trying to keep Trump off Gab and has been for weeks … Because Gab is the only safe place left for conservatives that means Kushner is trying to keep Trump off the Internet.”
President Trump was banned from virtually every big tech website as well as several banks after the mostly peaceful Capitol Hill protests on Janaury 6.