Share
News

BREAKING: Roger Stone Slams ‘Baseless Smears’ From Media Attempting To Tie Him To January 6, 'It's A Vile Lie'

Share

Former Trump advisor and longtime political operative Roger Stone decried mainstream media reports attempting to link him with the illegal activity carried out by protestors during the Capitol building takeover on January 6 in a statement sent to National File.

Stone, who says he is fed up with recent reports falsely suggesting that he is affiliated with certain individuals who have been charged in relation to the Capitol Hill protests on January 6, accused journalists of promoting a “vile lie without any supporting evidence.”

“I am releasing this statement because of the extraordinarily high number of “reporters” and ‘news outlets” who have reported on my presence in Washington DC on January 5th and 6th without respecting the time honored ethical practice of asking for comment,” said Stone. “No real journalist would proceed in this fashion, but perhaps they fear being challenged about their transparent use of the ‘guilt by association” technique, and their broad use of innuendo to falsely imply that I have some involvement or knowledge of the events of January 6. It’s a vile lie without any supporting evidence,” he added.

Stone also took a swipe at the leftist outlet Mother Jones and the “corrupt news media,” instructing them to read this portion of his statement twice:

“Any statement, claim, insinuation, or report alleging, or even implying, that I had any involvement in or knowledge, whether advance or contemporaneous, about the commission of any unlawful acts by any person or group in or around the U.S. Capitol or anywhere in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, is categorically false.”

Trending:
VIDEO: Bodycam Footage Shows Traffic Stop Of NBC Employee Who Followed Kyle Rittenhouse Jury

Stone is particularly addressing reports by mainstream media outlets which falsely claimed that members of the conservative right wing organization known as the Oath Keepers, who were charged with crimes relating to January 6, were connected to Stone.

“It is exactly this kind of smear and hate-mongering that is responsible for the continuing threats against me, my wife, my family,my children and yes, even my great grandson, the many public confrontations and incidents, like the attack on my wife outside our home only weeks ago,” Stone wrote. “This is precisely why I required the voluntary security services of the Oath Keepers when I learned that the off-duty DC police officers who quite legally provided security against the hateful mob during my trial, were not available.”

While Stone had previously received security from the Oath Keepers, he maintains that he does not know the individuals named in the reports. “I do not know Mr. Minuta, nor was I familiar with his name prior to his being identified in earlier media stories, where it was alleged that he was involved in illegal events at the Capitol.” Stone added, “If he was indeed among those who volunteered to provide security while I visited Washington DC, I was unaware of it at the time.”

“While I have acknowledged that the Oathkeeper’s provided security for me on a voluntary basis at two legally permitted events on January 5th – as they did for a number of speakers that day, the much-hyped videos produced by ABC are proof of nothing illicit or improper, but serve as the basis of their broad smear. They should be ashamed of their naked duplicity,” said Stone. “This video does not, in any way, provide proof or evidence that I was involved in, or had advance knowledge of, the illegal acts at the Capitol on January 6 that are alleged to involve some individual members of the organization.”

Stone, recently pardoned by President Donald Trump, said the “malicious dishonesty” from the mainstream media “does not surprise” him because they had consistently reported on falsehoods throughout the duration of his trial. After slamming Congressman Adam Schiff (D-CA), Robert Mueller, and the “politically corrupt justice system,” Stone told his haters to not let the “drool” from their “foaming mouths” get on his custom made shoes:

Their near hysterical lust for my blood generated because, by the grace of God, I escaped the snare set for me, so deviously, by Congressman Adam Schiff and Mueller’s dirty cops, as well as the railroading by a politically corrupt Justice system with the full throated support of these same jackals in the media, is still shocking. Haters gonna hate but don’t get the drool from your foaming mouths on my old but well cared-for custom made English shoes.

Stone accused the mainstream media of deeming him guilty “by association with no factual basis.” He said that both “the New York Times and ABC News are guilty of journalistic malpractice for the willful innuendo that permeates their most recent reports. They are not worthy of either respect or consideration. They pedal baseless and unsupported supposition and fact-free conjecture in place of actual fact-based reporting.”

“As I have said previously, with the exception of a brief period Saturday morning, when several of those on my security detail were allowed to enter the hotel but were asked almost immediately to leave because their presence violated the DC Mayor’s Covid 19 regulations – the only time I noticed two or three of them without their ski-masks – they were not allowed in the hotel lobby, so when I emerged to go to the two events I spoke at on February 5th, they were wearing ski masks as it was both cold and wet. (Please note neither ABC or the New York Times is critical of ANTIFA thugs wearing masks to hide their identity), I was never informed of the names of those sent to protect me,” wrote Stone.

Stone said that the Oath Keepers providing him with security were “polite, professional,” and did not exhibit any signs of “extremism or inappropriate behavior.” He also took a swipe at the New York Times’ Christaan Triebert, who he said was a “partisan,” non-objective reporter who is “fresh off his job as a hatchetman for the George Soros funded Bellingcat.”

Related:
'Here We Go Again': Roger Stone Slams 1/6 Committee 'Witch Hunt' After He's Served With Subpoena

“There is no reason whatsoever to consider anything he ‘reports’ factual or accurate,” said Stone.

Stone called out the mainstream media again, accusing them of maligning him “endlessly as a Russian traitor and Wikileaks collaborator,” and not having the “decency” to report the “long hidden, last remaining unredacted sections of Mueller’s report,” released by the Department of Justice around midnight on November 3. Stone noted that Mueller admitted “he could find no ‘factual evidence’ to support these claims.” Stone urged Americans to  “ignore the sugar coated bullshit from the con-men at Buzzfeed, and read the ACTUAL document release by DOJ.”

To end his statement, Stone said “I publicly denounced the senseless and destructive acts at the Capitol on Parler shortly after I learned about them, and continue to believe that anyone who is involved in these events, who broke the law, should be prosecuted. The despicable effort to defame me in order to use my name and visage is clickbait.”

Submit a Correction →



Tags:
, , , , , ,
Share
About the Author:
Andrew White is a Northern Virginia native. His work here at National File has been previously featured on Alex Jones’ Infowars and Revolver News. White is a constitutionalist Patriot, who focuses on social issues, election integrity, globalism, US politics, as well as general corporate and government corruption.




Conversation